This certificate is intended for students currently enrolled in an MS in Nursing program or students who hold a Master’s in Nursing without Nurse Practitioner certification. Applications for the Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate will be reviewed individually and pre-testing of prior content mastery may be required depending upon knowledge currency. Currently certified Nurse Practitioners who wish to gain additional certification should apply to the Nurse Practitioner Certificate for Practicing Nurse Practitioners
This certificate program is eligible for Financial Aid. Please see the department web site for required Federal disclosure information.
1. Copies of transcripts of Baccalaureate in Nursing and Masters in Nursing degrees.
2. Copy of unrestricted State of California RN licensure.
3. Three letters of reference
4. Completion of the School of Nursing Graduate Program Application and University application.
1. Completion of core courses (15-16 Units) and theory and clinical courses specific to area of specialty (either 18, 24, 27, or 30 Units) in approved upper division and graduate courses.
2. An overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
Core Courses (Not required for Nursing and Health Systems Executive Management Program)
For all Certificate in Nurse Practitioner specialties, take the following courses: