Sep 16, 2021
Master of Science in Nursing
This degree is available to qualified students who desire advanced studies. The program is approved by the Board of Registered Nursing, and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (1 Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC, 20036-1120, phone: 202-887-6791).
A Master of Science (MS) degree in Nursing is offered for the following specialties: Nurse Practitioner (Adult-Gerontology Acute Care, Adult-Gerontological Primary Care, Family, Pediatric Primary Care, Psychiatric-Mental Health, and Women’s Health), and Nursing and Health Systems Executive Management.
Nurse Practitioner Concentration
Specialty Areas: Family, Pediatric Primary Care, Adult-Gerontological Primary Care, Women’s Health, Psychiatric-Mental Health (Across the lifespan), and Adult-Gerontology Acute Care.
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred: A bachelor’s degree in a related field will be considered;
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in California;
- Admission to graduate standing in nursing at the University;
- A college level course in statistics;
- A physical assessment course which includes clinical practice,
- An upper division or graduate level course in pathophysiology;
- An upper division community health nursing course with lab for non-BSN applicants;
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate program.
Advancement to Candidacy
- Satisfy the general University requirements for advancement to candidacy;
- Completion of all undergraduate deficiencies;
- Approval of the school graduate director and Associate Dean of the College of Health and Human Services.
- Completion of a minimum of 30-48 units in approved upper division and graduate courses;
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
For all Nurse Practitioner specialties, take the following courses:
For all Nurse Practitioner Specialties:
Take one of the following culminating courses:
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Specialty
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Theory Courses:
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Clinical Courses:
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Specialty
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Theory Courses:
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Clinical Courses: